MAKUNGU JAMES NG’OGA
Lecturer in Mathematics and the current Postgraduate Coordinator of CoNAS, College Of Natural And Applied Sciences
PhD degree in Mathematics
He has been teaching various courses of mathematics such as, Numerical Analysis, Engineering mathematics, Fluid Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics and Functional of Several variables.
Research interest – Fluid dynamics and Computational Mechanics
Dr. Makungu has supervised 5 masters’ students to completion. He is currently, supervising 2 masters and 3 PhD students.
- Coordinator of EAUMP-Eastern African Universities Mathematical Programme from 2017 to date
- Member of the Mathematical Association of Tanzania (MAT/CHAHITA) and the current position is Editor of the association from 2018 to date
- Management Committee member of the College of natural and Applied Science at UDSM - https://www.udsm.ac.tz/web/index.php/colleges/conas
- Timetable and Examination officer of College of Natural and Applied Sciences-CoNas
- Alpha Soko and James Makungu,(2019). Soliton Distribution in the Ball and Box Cellular Automation Model. American Journal of Mathematical and Computer Modelling, 4: 27-30, doi:10.11648/j.ajmcm (>50%)
- Musa Mjankwi,VerdianaMasanja, Eunice Mureithi, and Makungu James, (2019). Unsteady MHD Flow of Nanofluid with Variable
Properties over a Stretching Sheet in the Presence of Thermal Radiation and Chemical Reaction. Int. J. of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences,Volume 2019, 14 pages, doi.org/10.1155/2019/7392459. (25-50%)
- Raymond Kitengeso, Eunice Mureithi, Makungu James, and John Mango, Effects of magnetic fields on an unsteady mixed convective boundary layer flow of an electrically conducting fluid with temperature dependent properties, Tanzania Journal of Science, 44, issue 3, 103-114, 2018.
- Makungu James, Heikki Haario, Wilson Charles Mahera, A generalized 1-dimensional particle transport method for convection diffusion reaction model: African Mathematical Union and Springer-Verlag, 23, 2012; P. 21-39
- Makungu James, E.W. Mureithi, Dmitry Kuznetsov.,Natural convection flow past an impermeable vertical plate embedded in nanofluid saturated porous medium with temperature dependent viscosity: Asian Journal of Mathematics and Applications, 2014, P. 1-16.
- Makungu James, E.W. Mureithi, Dmitry Kuznetsov, Free convection flow past an impermeable wedge embedded in nanofluid saturated porous medium with variable viscosity base fluid: Eng. Math. Lett. 2014, 2014:14
- Makungu James, E.W. Mureithi, Dmitry Kuznetsov, Effects of Viscous Dissipation and Heat Absorption on Free Convection Past a Moving Plate Embedded in Nanouid Saturated Porous Medium: Journal of Applied Mathematics and Physics, 2014
- Makungu James, E.W. Mureithi, Dmitry Kuznetsov, Buoyancy forces and viscous dissipation effects over a permeable wedge embedded in nanofluid saturated porous medium with variable viscosity.(Submitted).