SYLVESTER E RUGEIHYAMU
Senior lecturer in Mathematics and Coordinator Research and Publication, College Of Natural And Applied Sciences
PhD specialized in Complex Analysis
He has been teaching various mathematics courses including Foundation of Mathematics, Functions of Single Variables, Complex Analysis, Engineering Mathematics, Linear Algebra
Research interests – Mathematical Education, STEM education, Complex Analysis
- Coordinator of Sida Mathematics Project official title is Capacity Building of Mathematics in Higher Education in Tanzania from June 2015 to 2020.
- Coordinator of the Eastern African Universities Mathematical Programme (EAUMP) financed by Swedish government from 2002 to 2014. http://www.eaump.org/
- Assistant Project Coordinator of the Eastern African Universities Mathematical Programme (EAUMP) financed by Swedish government from 2015 to 2014. http://www.eaump.org/
- Coordinator of the Higher Education Institutions Institutional Cooperation Instrument (HEI ICI) from 2012 to 2014.
- Committee Member of Basic Science for the Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH) from April 2015 to date. www.costech.or.tz
- Board Member and Management Committee member of the College of Natural and Applied Science at UDSM - https://www.udsm.ac.tz/web/index.php/colleges/conas
- Board Member, Vice-Chairperson and Treasurer of the Young Scientist of Tanzania (YST) from 2012 to August 2019. www.youngscientists.co.tz
- Committee Member of the College of Natural and Applied Sciences publications committee.
- Chairperson of Panel of Mathematics for Tanzania Institute of Education from January 2016 to Date. www.tie.go.tz
- External Monitor of the In-Service Training for Secondary Science and Mathematics Teachers in Tanzania organized by MoEST from 2010 to 2015.
- Chairperson of the National Team of Ministry of Education of Tanzania for Retooling Project for retooling Secondary Schools Science and Mathematics Education Materials started in 2014 -2015, sponsored by the World Bank under STEPH II Project.
- Chairperson of the Committee of preparing Test Tools Instruments for UWEZO from 2009 to 2015.
- Chairperson of the Committee of preparing Test Tools Instruments For KIUFUNZA Project from 2013 to 2015.
- Chairperson of the Committee of Preparing Test Tools Instruments For EQIP-T Project From 2013 to 2015.
- Chairperson of the Mathematical Association of Tanzania (MAT/CHAHITA) from September 2011 to September 2015.
- Betty Nannyonga, John Mango, Sylvester Rugeihyamu, Modelling prevention and control of jigger infestation in Mayuge District: A mathematical approach, Journal of Mathematics and Computer Science (2018).
- J. M. Mango, C. Eryenyu, S.E. Rugeihyamu, “On Finite Differences on a String Problem”, Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, Vol. 10 (2) (2014) 139-147.
- D. Nkurunziza1, G. Kakuba, J.M. Mango, S.E. Rugeihyamu, N. Muyinda “Boundary Element Method of Modelling Steady State Groundwater Flow” Submitted Journal of Mathematics and Statistics , Vol. 8 (162), (2014) 8051-8078.
- S.E. Rugeihyamu, "On the Koebe And Bieberbach Constants for aHyperbolic Domain", Israel Journal of Mathematics}, 118(2000), 369-378.
- S.E. Rugeihyamu & Tom Carroll, "On the Bieberbach and Koebe Constants for a Simply Connected Domain", Journal of Complex Variables, 46(2001), 31-49.
- S.E. Rugeihyamu,"On the Bieberbach and Koebe Constants for a Sector Domains and Sector Disks", Israel Journal of Mathematics, 136(2003), 117-123.