YOEZA NAIMANI PHILIP
Senior Lecturer in the Chemistry Department, College Of Natural And Applied Sciences
Ph.D. (Chem.), University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Coordinate CH 121: Chemistry Practicals I (BSc)
- Co-teach CH 173: Introduction to Electronic Structure and Spectroscopy (BSc)
- Co-teach CH 174: Scientific Methods in Chemistry (BSc)
- Coordinate CH 314: Project Work (BSc)
- Teach CH 338: Corrosion and its Control in Petroleum Industry (BSc)
- Teach CH 614 Molecular Imprinting Technology (MSc)
- Teach CH 618: Structure, Properties and Applications of Polymers (MSc)
- 8 Teach EV 717: Soil and Aquatic Chemistry (PhD)
His research interests include:
- Remedial methods for fluoridated domestic water sources.
- Molecular imprinting technology.
- Hydrochemistry of salt lakes.
- Use of CNSL components as monomers for molecularly imprinted polymers.
- The production of porcelain tiles using Tanzanian raw materials.
- Metal corrosion and corrosion inhibition by natural products based materials and polymer coatings.
- Environmental issues: heavy metals in deposited dust; assessment of heavy metals in cosmetics; Remediation of heavy metal contamination in aqueous systems using natural product based polymers.
- Co-researcher: Development of a Label-free Electrochemical cDNA-biosensor for Rapid, Selective and Sensitive Detection of Canine Distemper Virus in Serengeti Lions (2019 to date)
- Co-researcher: Promoting STEM Education via Manufacturing Innovative Low Cost Equipment for Teaching Laboratories in Tanzania.
- Joseph Yoeza Naimani Philip, Joseph Buchweshaija, Alinanuswe Mwakalesi; Corrosion Inhibition of Amino Pentadecylphenols (APPs) Derived from Cashew Nut Shell Liquid on Mild Steel in Acidic Medium, Materials Sciences and Applications, 2016, 7, 396- 402, http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/msa.2016.78036
- Joseph Yoeza Naimani Philip, Silvia John, Othman Chande Othman: Levels of Heavy Metals in Selected Facial Cosmetics Marketed in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. Tanz. J. Sci 44(2): 81-88, 2018
- Joseph Yoeza Naimani Philip, Eliamini Ismail Mkenga, Othman Chande Othman: Levels of Heavy Metals in Deposited Dust and Soil from Selected Primary Schools in Dar es Salaam. Tanz. J. Sci 44(2): 89-103, 2018.