Name: Stephen Luke Kirama, Cert. Philosophy; B.A, (Hons); M.A, Ph.D in Economics (Dar)
Title: Lecturer, Research Fellow and Senior Consultant, Department of Economics, College of Social Sciences, University of Dar es Salaam
Areas of Specialisation
Public Sector Economics, Health Financing, Monitoring and Evaluation, Baseline and Endline Survey, Gender and Budget Analysis; Energy, Wildlife and Tourings
- Mataba, Lucas; Aikaeli, Jehovaness; Kirama, Stephen (2017) “The Link Between Cost Efficiency and Non Performing Loans of Community Banks in Tanzania” in Tanzania Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Dar es Salaam ISNN 0856-3373
- Sambuo, Boniface; Kirama, Stephen; Kitala, Malamsha (2018) “Fish Price Determination Around Lake Victoria, Tanzania: Analysis of Factors Affecting Fish Landing Price”, in Global Business Review DOI: 10.1177/0972150917811509
- Kirama, Stephen, Kemp, Alex, Taylor Rose (2018) “Assessment of Local Content and Local Community Participation in the Gas Discoveries Sites in Tanzania”, Book Chapter in Scientific, Legal and Socioeconomic Aspects of Oil and Gas in Tanzania pg 96 - 110
- Karamagi, I.J., I.M. Pantaleo, and S.L. Kirama (2010). “Admission Qualifications and Performance in Tertiary Education: A Case of Undergraduate Programmes at the University of Dar es Salaam”, Tanzanian Economic Trends, Vol. 21 No.1, 2010: 93-114.
- Pantaleo, I.M., I.J. Karamagi and S.L.Kirama (2011). “The Distribution of Education Resources among A-Level Secondary Schools in Tanzania”, in G. Kahyarara, L.Lokina and J. Mduma Ed. Efficacy of Tanzanian Higher Education: Productivity, Efficiency and Equity, Dar es Salaam: Dar es Salaam University Press.
- Osoro, Otieno; Kirama, Stephen; Vermeulen Patrick (2014) “Factors Affecting Engagement and Commercialization Of Innovation Activities of Firms in Tanzania”, Tanzania Economic Review (TER) Vol. 14, Nos 1&2; 2014
- Hepelwa A.; Kirama, S. and Dauda M (2014) “Baseline Survey and Capacity Need Assessments for strengthening the role of CSOs in delivering sustainable energy solutions in Tanzania” WWF Research Report
- Hepelwa A.; Kirama, S. and Dauda M (2014) “Evidence Based Research and Policy Review on Oil and Natural Gas Sector in Tanzania” WWF Research Report
- Kirama, Stephen L. (2012) “Growth and Redistribution Components of Changes in Poverty Measures: A Decomposition Analysis with Application to Household Budget surveys’ Data in Tanzania”, presented at Inclusive Growth Conference: Measurement, Causes and Consequences, in UNU-WIDER, Finland. ( see at youtube.com/watch?v=dcFM_ubWzvg )
- Todd, B.; Kirama, S; and Selejio O. (2011) “The Supply of inorganic fertilizers to smallholder farmers in Tanzania: Evidence for Fertilizer Policy Development”; A Research Report
- Robinson E.; Albers J; Kirama, S. (2015) “The Role of Incentives for Sustainable Implementation of Marine Protected Areas: An Example from Tanzania” in Special Issue of the Journal of Sustainable Society (forthcoming)
- Kirama, Stephen L, (2004), “Determinants of Poverty in Tanzania: Household Budget Survey Analysis 2000/01”, (unpublished) MA. Economics Dissertation, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Thomas Sterner, Yonas Alem, Francisco Alpízar, Cyndi Spindell Berck, Carlos Alberto Chavez Rebolledo, Johane Dikgang, Stephen Kirama, Gunnar Köhlin, Jane Mariara-Kabubo, Alemu Mekonnen and Jintao Xu (2014). The Environment For Development Initiative: lessons learned in research, academic capacity building and policy intervention to manage resources for sustainable growth. Environment and Development Economics, 19, pp 367-391 DOI:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S1355770X1400014X(About DOI), Published online: 2014
- Course of Environmental Education and Education for Sustainable Development (EE/ESD) in Sweden September – October, 2010 and Durban South Africa December 2010 sponsored by SIDA
- Impact Evaluation and Monte Carlo Simulation Technical Training in Nairobi from 1st March to 15th of March 2018 in Nairobi Kenya.
- Course on Monitoring and Evaluation by Setym International Inc. Montreal, Quebec Canada. This course covered Project Management; Perform Indicators; Result Chain and Conceptual Framework; Risk Management and Planning; Project Planning; Development of Performance
Indicators; Data Collection and Processing Project Monitoring and Control April 11 to April 22, 2005
- Advanced Training on Randomized Control Trials, University of Cape Town, Republic of South Africa, January 2014.
- Certificate on Workshop Training on Geographical Information Systems (GIS) organized by Department of Geography, University of Dar es Salaam, August, 2013.
- Certificate on Panel Data Econometrics Training Course, organized by the Department of Economics University of Dar es Salaam, and Gothenburg University, Department of Economics June, 2012
- Course on STATA 11.0; SPSS 17.0 and Ms PowerPoint 2007 at Brown University, Rhode Island in the United States in Fall, 2009
- Course on “Applied Econometrics for Economic Policy –Making” in Dakar, Senegal from 1st – 19th December, 2008
E-mails: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Mobile: +255 713 250573
Google Scholar :