1. An occasional student is one, the duration of whose studentship is less than one academic year. Occasional students should normally stay at the University for one or two semesters.
2 The entrance qualifications are the same as for admission to undergraduate degree course or equivalent.
3 (a) The application must be submitted through the applicant’s University/College, to reach the Director of Undergraduate Studies at least two months before the beginning of the semester in which admission is being sought. (b) The applications must be submitted through the applicant’s University College which should, if it supports the application, send a letter of recommendation to the UDSM.
4 Non- Tanzanian students are expected to conform to all immigration formalities in force in their countries before they depart for Tanzania. They must also obtain Resident Permit from the nearest Tanzania Embassy or High Commission before they arrive.
5. Admission is on a semester basis to any year of study.
6. Occasional students will neither sit for exams nor get transcripts or grades except in special circumstances or where regulations allow a special programme could be set up which is recognized by the University.
7. An occasional student will be discontinued on the following grounds: any serious breach of University regulations, abscondment, or irregular attendance.
8. Occasional students may be allowed to audit courses by permission.
9. Occasional students under special programmes will pay fees as prescribed in the terms governing the respective programmes while fees for other categories of occasional students will be paid proportionately as for regular students. Non-Tanzanian students will pay the fees in convertible foreign currency (e.g. US$, -, etc.).
All correspondences should be addressed to:
The Director of Undergraduate Studies,
P. O. Box 35091, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Tel: +255-22-2410544/+255 22 2410545/+255 22 2410513 or +255 22 2410500-9 Ext2019 and 2057
Fax: +255 22 2410078