The Confucius Institute Alumni Association strives to foster a mutual socio-cultural interaction between China and Tanzania and to passionately engage with the CI-UDSM alumni to promote the traditional friendship between China and Tanzania.
To engage, connect and celebrate alumni and friends of the Confucius Institute at the University of Dar Es Salaam through increased opportunities in order to promote teaching and learning, participation, volunteering involvement and commitment to foster Sino-Tanzania cultural and knowledge transfer and exchange through Chinese and Kiswahili languages.
The objectives of the association will be:
- To bring together former CI-UDSM students and friends.
- To encourage members of the association to take an active interest in the life and development of the Confucius philosophy at local, national and international levels.
- Together with the CI-UDSM, to provide socio-educational services related to the development of Tanzanians in various fields.
- To promote the academic and professional excellence of the Confucius Institute and its alumni, especially by encouraging their continued growth personally and professionally and a spirit of fraternity among the alumni.
- To keep a roster of all Alumni of the CI at UDSM and their pertinent data.
- Maintaining the updated and current information of all alumni.
- To encourage, foster and promote close relations among the alumni themselves.
- To promote a sustained sense of belonging to CI at UDSM among the Alumni by being in regular contact with them.
- To provide and disseminate information regarding their Alma Mater, its graduates, faculties, friends and students to the Alumni.
- To guide and assist Alumni who have recently completed their courses of study at the CI UDSM to keep them engaged in productive pursuits useful to the society.
- To provide a forum for the Alumni for exchange of ideas on academic, cultural and social issues of the day by organizing and coordinating networking events.
- To create platform for employment opportunities for potential employees in Tanzania.
- To create room for vocational training opportunities in Tanzania.
- To form Chapters.
- To raise funds to further the above Vision, Mission and Objectives.
- To compile and maintain a history of the Confucius Institute at UDSM.
Find and reconnect with fellow graduates, see what they have been up to and stay in touch.
Introduce, employ and offer to act as a mentor to our graduating students.
Leverage your professional network to get introduced to people you should know.
Re-connect with old classmates
CI-UDSM Community allows you to both re-connect with old classmates as well as enabling you to utilise the trusted CI environment to expand your professional network.
Your CI Community
By fully integrating with social networks, and cultivating a culture of helping and giving back, you will be amazed how vibrant your CI community is!
REGISTER HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER