The Alumni Office of the University of Dar es Salaam is responsible for maintaining and growing an interactive network of engaged alumni around the world as well as to harness their goodwill, love, and support for UDSM. The alumni office continuously initiates various targeted initiatives designed to engage current students and graduates (alumni) of the University of Dar es Salaam.
- One of our initiatives is the Alumni of the Month program. Through this programme, we publish profiles of Alumni who have significantly contributed to the national and global community through their years of service. This serves to express the university’s pride of our alumni, to applaud and appreciate their roles, to remind them of their times at UDSM, and to profile the products of the university to the world. The program also aims to set mentorship standards for our current students and recent alumni.
- Alumni in Action is another program designed to publicize and amplify the UDSM Alumni who are taking various leadership positions across the world and spearheading development through their diversified professions.
- Another initiative is the Alumni Visits. Through this programme, we organize to visit and talk with some of our notable alumni. This programme aims to enhance individual alumni engagement and harness their support in terms of ideas and comments, link to other alumni or a network of alumni, link to engagement with the private sector, and other forms of resource mobilization. This platform is a priority for the Alumni office.
- The UDSM Alumni office has further found the necessity and the value to speak of the valuable, excellence and well-cooked contribution of a group of its alumni serving as Professor Emeriti of the University. This is an exciting and yet prestigious position of the UDSM Alumni.
- Our coming up initiative is the Alumni Student Club whose key function will be to prepare current UDSM students for the role they will play as future UDSM alumni. We plan on innovative ways to attract young alumni to encourage their active participation in shaping the future of the university. This will be a youth lead project.
- Another upcoming initiative is the UDSM Alumni publications where our alumni books and articles will be featured and made fairly and easily available to a wider community of UDSM beneficiaries.
Without an active, coordinated, and engaged alumni network, it would be difficult for the UDSM to position itself and fundraise effectively. We kindly invite you to become an active UDSM Alumni.