Bugando Medical Centre is a consultant and teaching hospital for the Lake and Western zones of the United Republic of Tanzania. It is situated along the shores of Lake Victoria in Mwanza City. It has 950 beds and over 1300 employees. It is a referral centre for tertiary specialist care for eight regions, namely: – Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Kagera, Shinyanga, Tabora and Kigoma. It serves a catchment’s population of over 16 million people.
Bugando Medical Centre is therefore inviting suitable Tanzanians to fill the vacancy at BMC-Molecular Laboratory under MDH, Afya Kwanza project.
1. Laboratory Scientists (10-Posts)
- Holder of a Degree in Laboratory Science from a recognized Institution plus successful completion of one- year Internship and must be registered in the register of Health Laboratory Practitioners Council as a Health Laboratory Scientist.
- At least three years of experience in working at viral load and EID laboratories
- Ability to operate CAP/CTM, Roche, Abbott, 6800 and/or 8800 DBSAdral load Machines
- Laboratory quality management training and ISO 15189 standard implementation experience
- Ability to use computer and Microsoft office tools
1.2 Duties and responsibilities
- Read, understand and implement all laboratory procedures and processes as per the documented SOPs Participate in developing, reviewing and revising all laboratory SOPs
- Performs daily QC runs and checks on all laboratory tests/procedures/equipment and ensure corrective actions are done as per the SOPs
- Perform pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to registration, separation, storage and documentation as per SOPs
- Prepare samples for shipping/referral to other laboratories according to SOPs
- Document daily operations, calibrations, validations/ver if Rations, preventive maintenance services and repair of machines/analyzers and perform corrective actions where needed.
- Troubleshoot minor technical faults in machines using operation manuals/SOPs, document the actions and report to laboratory manager/Supervlsor.
- Analyze EQA samples/PT panel received for external quality control program and submit them within deadline.
- Review and document the PT results and in case of failure, perform corrective action and preventive action Check and complete all the laboratory results in the Laboratory Information System or register book and ensure only verified/authorized results are released.
- Ensure testing of samples is done accurately and all results are released within TAT.
- Archive all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files as per SOPs
- Prepare summary reports of the machines/analyzers, sample received, tested, results released and other Laboratory key indicators on daily, weekly and monthly.
- Prepare reports of the work done daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Participate in documenting, reviewing and reporting performance of the laboratory quality indicators on weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed
- Ensure all the functional analyzers operate for 24 hours and testing at maximum capacity on daily basis Participate fully in weekly staff meetings, management review meeting and all meetings as instructed by the Laboratory Manager/Supervlsor
- Fully support the laboratory to maintain and expand ISO 15189 accreditation
- Fully support the laboratory to prepare action plan and address/close all gaps/non-conformances within timeframe post supervisions, assessments and occurrences.
- Any duty deemed necessary by the laboratory supervisor including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students.
2. Laboratory Data Officers (5 Posts)
2.1 Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Diploma/ Advanced Diploma of Computer Applications and any data related course
- One-year experience in Data Entry
- Ability to use Microsoft office tools
- Good typing speed
2.2 Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect completeness and accurate of the data and information to be recorded
- Perform timely entering of clinical and laboratory data into the laboratory information systems and registers within 24 hours
- Ensure completeness and accurate of the entered/recorded data
- Ensure patient results are completed in the laboratory information systems within the set laboratory turnaround time (TAT).
- Communicate immediately by both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding forms and data with problems
- Communicate immediately by both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding database problems Troubleshoot minor technical faults in the database
- Perform daily maintenance of the computers and printers that are used for data entry and data reporting Sort and file forms and data as needed in numerical order or by date and or by facilities Perform data reconciliation between different databases by running compare program, reviewing appropriate form and correcting all differences
- Locate and review archived or filed forms and data if necessary
- Generate and share various reports from the laboratory database daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Participate fully in weekly laboratory staff meetings, laboratory management review meeting and all laboratory crucial meetings.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing suggestions for improvements to data entry or data flow to supervisors
- Complete other data tasks as assigned by supervisor
MODE OF APPLICATION
Letters of application should be written in English preferably handwritten attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic/professional qualification, testimonials and names, Addresses, telephone numbers and three referees, should put in a sealed envelope addressed to the Director General so as to reach him within two weeks of the date of first appearance. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Bugando Medical Centre,
P.O.Box 1370, MWANZA