1. Personal Particulars
Name: Mr. Henry Anahery Kahimbi
Marital Status: Married
Languages: English, Swahili and Korean
Contact/Address: Chemistry Department, University of Dar es Salaam
P.O. Box 35061, Dar es Salaam – Tanzania
Mobile Phones: +255 628 186 235 & +255 658 656 186
E-Mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
From July 2022 to present:
Ph.D. candidate (Material Science and
Engineering); Specialization: Sustainable
Energy Science and Engineering (biofuel),
Nelson Mandela Institute of Science and
2016 – 2018:
M.Sc. (Energy and Chemical
Engineering); Specialization: Energy Materials
for energy storage and conversion devices,
Kangwon National University (South Korea).
2008 – 2011:
B.Sc.(Ed) Major subjects: Biology, Chemistry,
and Education; University of Dar es Salaam.
2006 – 2008:
Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Basic Applied Mathematics, and General studies; Songea Boys High School, Ruvuma–Tanzania.
2002 – 2005:
Certificate of Secondary Education; Pomerini
Secondary School, Iringa.
1994 – 2000:
Certificate of Primary Education; Itungi Primary
School, Kilolo, Iringa–Tanzania
1. September 2014 – March 2018 Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for Korean language and Masters studies at Sun moon University and Kangwon National University (South Korea)
2. July 2022 Excellent in Africa Junior Faculty Development (EXAF-JFD) project scholarship under Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne Switzerland for PhD studies at Nelson Mandela African Institute of Science and Technology (Arusha)
3. Grand Malt Company prize for being overall Best 3rd year Student in Chemistry in the year of 2011.
4. Vice Chancellor Prize for being the overall best first-year student in the faculty of science (2008-2009).
5. Faculty of Science Prize for being the Best Student in first-year examinations (2008- 2009).
4. Conferences attended
1. The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry held on November 2016 in Jeju Island-South Korea (Poster presentation)
2. The Korean Society of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry held on November 2017 in Busan City-South Korea (Oral presentation)
1. Certificate of proficiency in Korean language level 4, certified by National Institute for International Education (NIIED) (Under Ministry of Education Republic of Korea)
2. Certificate of participation of the 10th East African University games held in December 2010 at Kenyatta University Nairobi-Kenya.
6. Posts held at the University of Dar es Salaam
- Assistant Lecturer in Chemistry, February 2018 – present.
- Tutorial assistant in Chemistry, November 2013 – February 2018