Prof. Othman received his BSc with Education in 1972 majoring in Chemistry and Physics, MSc. in Chemistry (1976) from the University of Dar es Salaam and PhD in Analytical Chemistry from the University of University of Dar es Salaam/Norwegian Technical Un
A summary of publications can be found at: O C Othman - Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=ujv4HZwAAAAJ)
- Books or Chapters contributed to Refereed Books
- Kaswamila A, Othman OC, Mwakipesile A, Haule K, Bevanger K, Kihwele E, Summay G & Lejora I (2017) “Chapter 6, Physical and Chemical Environment” in Northern Serengeti Road Ecology edited by Fyumagwa R., Mfunda I.M., Ntalwila J. and Roskaft E. Fagbokforlaget ISBN: 978-8-245-023596
- Bevanger K, Othman OC, Mwakipesile A, Haule K, Kihwele E, Summay G, Kaswamila A, & Lejora I (2017) “Chapter 7, Environmental Impacts of Roads in Tropical Habitats” in Northern Serengeti Road Ecology edited by Fyumagwa R., Mfunda I.M., Ntalwila J. and Roskaft E. Fagbokforlaget ISBN: 978-8-245-023596
- Miraji H, Othman OC, Ngassapa FN and Mureithi EW (2020) “Chapter 5, Analytical Perspectives on Emerging Organic Contaminants in the Aquatic Ecosystem in Effects of Emerging Chemical Contaminants on Water Resources and Environmental Health edited by Victor Shikuku, pages 68 – 80, IGI Global. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-7998-1871-7.ch005.
- Miraji H, Othman OC, Ngassapa FN and Mureithi EW (2022) “Chapter 4: Exposure to 1,4-dioxane and disinfection by-products due to re-use of wastewater” in Emerging Contaminants in the Environment, edited by Sarma H., Dominguez D.C. and Lee W. Pages 87-109, Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-323-85160-2.00004-4
- Publications in Proceedings of Conferences / Workshops
- Othman OC, Gereta E, Kihwele E, Summay G, Kaswamila AL, Bevanger K, Mwakipesile A and Haule K (2015) Assessment of Surface Water Quality along the ‘Loliondo Game Controlled Area’ segment of the Proposed Highway through Serengeti National Park, Tanzania, the 10th TAWIRI Scientific Conference, December 2 – 4, 2015, Proceedings p384 – 396.
- Othman OC and Mbogo GP (2005) “Chemical and Nutritional Composition of Some Edible Fruits of Eastern Tanzania”. East and Southern Africa Environmental Chemistry Workshop (ESAECW) and 6th Theoretical Chemistry Workshop in Africa (TCWA), Windhoek, Namibia, December 5 – 9, 2005, Proceedings p197 – 208.
- Luilo GB, and Othman OC (2003) “Trace Metal Contamination of Urban Soils in Dar es Salaam” Proc. 7th Intern. Conf. on the Biogeochem. of Trace Elements; June 15-19, Uppsala 2003, Proceedings p14 -15.
- Recent Publications in Refereed Journals
- Othman OC, Kaswamila AL, Bevanger K, Mwakipesile A, Haule K, Kihwele E, Summay G and Gereta E (2022) “Assessment of Soil Quality along the Proposed Main Road through Ngorongoro and Northern Serengeti, Tanzania” Tanz J Sci Vol. 48(1), pages 212 – 224. ISSN 0856-1761, e-ISSN 2507-7961.
- Miraji H, Mureithi EW, Othman OC and Ngassapa FN (2020) “1-D Transport Behaviour of Emerging Contaminants in the Unidirectional Flowing Surface Waters of the Msimbazi River, Dar es Salaam” Tanz J Sci Vol. 46(2), pages 371 – 382. ISSN 0856-1761, e-ISSN 2507-7961. DOI:10.1155/2016/3769690 Corpus ID: 17555426.
- F Ngassapa, O Othman, D Mihayo, K Kilulya (2018) Speciation of lead, chromium, cadmium, copper and zinc in sediments and plants along Msimbazi river in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Tanz J Sci 44 (2), 81-88. DOI:10.4314/TJS.V44I3 Corpus ID: 105553985.
- Philip J, S John, O Othman (2018) Levels of heavy metals in selected facial cosmetics marketed in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Tanz J Sci 44 (3), 136-151. DOI:10.4314/TJS.V44I2 Corpus ID: 106203360
- Mapunda EC, Othman OC, Akwilapo LD, Bouwman H, and Mwevura H (2017) “Concentrations of metallic elements in kidney, liver, and lung tissue of Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphin Tursiops aduncus from coastal waters of Zanzibar, Tanzania”, Marine Pollution Bulletin Volume 122, (1–2), Pages 483-487. Pergamon, Elsevier
- Lugwisha EH and Othman OC (2016) “Heavy metal levels in soil, tomatoes and selected vegetables from Morogoro Region, Tanzania”. International Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Analysis. 4(3): 82 – 88. DOI: 10.11648/j.ijema. 20160403.13