ICT Section provides IT support, as well as technology services, solutions, and strategies for the entire library community. Specifically, the section offers the following services:
1. Managing the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC): This is an online bibliography of a library collection that is available to the public; i.e. an electronic form of catalogue used to facilitate location and access to library resources.
2. Managing Institutional Repositories (IR): IR is an online archive for collection, preservation and dissemination of digital copies of intellectual outputs of academic or research publications of an institution. These could be in form of journal articles, reports as well as digital versions of theses and dissertations.
3. Provision of access to Networked Information Resources: Library users are assisted to access various networked information resources such as databases, electronic scholarly journals and other publications from various publishers. ICT helps to manage information overload as information retrieval is made easier in computerized systems.
4. Managing all Digital Resource available in Library.
5. Implementing Security and Access Control to Library resources.