Daniel Shayo is a Head of Department and a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Economic Law. He joined the School of Law (then Faculty of Law) in 2005 as an Assistant Lecturer. Dr. Shayo has a Bachelor of Law degree (LL. B-2001), University of Dar es Salaam; Master of Law degree (LL.M -2004), University of Dar es Salaam; Master of Law in Germany Laws (LL.M-2014), and Doctor of Laws (Dr. Iuris -2016), Universität Konstanz, Germany. Dr. Shayo’s areas of specialisation include the Laws of Business Associations, Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility; Competition Law, Capital Markets and Securities Law and Tax Law. Dr. Shayo is also an Advocate of High Court of Tanzania, Commissioner for Oaths, and Notary Public. He is a member of Tanganyika Law Society and East Africa Law Society. Dr. Shayo was the Coordinator of an Interdisciplinary Research Project on Regional Integration in Africa, a joint project which involved the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and University of Bayreuth, Germany in 2017-2018 and currently is a member of the Africa Multiple: Centre of Excellence of the University of Bayreuth, under the Research Section „Affiliation“ researching under the project „Social Responsibility.“
Dr. Shayo may be contacted at email@example.com
Dr. Shayo has the following notable publications;
- Shayo, D. “Supervising Local Government Elections: Independent Electoral Organ for Local Government or National Electoral Commission.” Eastern Africa Law Review 2020, Vol. 47, Issue No. 1, pp. 170-203.
- Shayo, D. “Corporate Tax Law and Corporate Social Responsibility in Tanzania: An Examination of Their Complementarity Aspects” Eastern Africa Law Review 2019, Vol. 46, Issue No. 2, pp. 1-39.
- Shayo, D. “Regulation of Corporate Social Responsibility in the Eastern African Community: Legislative Developments in Kenya, South Sudan and Tanzania.” Eastern Africa Law Review 2018, Vol. 45, Back Issue No. 1, pp. 22-64.
- Shayo, D. & Schirmer, J.E. “Harmonization of Company Laws in the EAC Region: Linking the Implementation of the EAC-CMP with Cross-border Business Enhancement.“ The African Review 2018, Vol. 45, Special Issue No. 2, pp. 24-62.
- Shayo, D. “Corporate Social Responsibility and the Law in Tanzania: A Critical Examination of its Mandatory Nature”, Zanzibar Year Book of Law, Vol. 7, 2017, pp. 109-159.
- Shayo, D. Die Behandlung von Maßnahmen der Corporate Social Responsibility im deutschen und tansanischen Gesellschafts und Wettbewerbsrecht, Verlag Dr. Kovac, Hamburg 2017.
- Shayo, D. Freiwillige Übernahme der sozialen Verantwortung der Unternehmen in Deutschland und Tansania: Fallstudie der Bergbaukörperschaften, LL.M Dissertation submitted to the University of Konstanz in 2014.
- Shayo, D. Criminal and Civil Procedure: A Manual for the Students of Taxation, 2006.
- Shayo, D. The Management and Administration of Public Corporations and State Owned Companies: Law and Practice in Tanzania, LL.M Dissertation Submitted to the University of Dar es Salaam in 2004.