STANDING ORDERS FOR THE
Published by Authority
Pursuant to S.35 (5) of the Public Service Act, Cap.298
INSTRUCTIONS TO PUBLIC SERVANTS
- Public servants to whom copies of Standing Orders are issued are responsible for keeping the copies up-to-date with all amendments inserted and registered. When they are transferred from their posts or leave their sections on long leave e.g. "sabbatical leave", their copies must be formally handed over to public servants relieving them. In the event of the closing of an office or the departure of a public servant for whom no relief is provided the copy shall be returned to the Chief Executive Officer concerned and an acknowledgement obtained.
- This Standing Orders is one of the necessary documents in the Public Service. The employers are responsible to ensure the availability and accessibility of it to all public servants and every public servant should make sure that he understands and makes use of it.
- The need for amending Standing Orders will inevitably arise from time to time and amendments shall be made by the issue of slip bearing numbers and the effective dates. Where a section has been substantially amended and the need for further amendments arises the section concerned should be reprinted.
- Amendment slips will be of two kinds:
- Manuscript amendment slips: where the amendment is merely a deletion of an alteration of one or two words or figures only; in such cases the relevant Standing Orders should be amended in ink, the number and effective date of the amendment slip being entered in the margin.
- Ordinary amendment slips: where the amendment is lengthy, they should be printed in a separate slip and be posted into the book in the appropriate place.
- A register of amendments is provided in this Binder which should be completed promptly every time an amendment to a Standing Order is made.
- All copies of Standing Orders remain the property of the Government and shall be accessible to all public servants for reference and quick use.
REGISTER OF AMENDMENTS TO STANDING ORDERS
SEE the ATTAMENT Below