Mr. Chacha Mairo is an Assistant Lecturer at the Department of Private Law. He joined the School of Law in 2019. He holds a degree of Bachelor of Laws (LL.B-Hons), 2018 and Master of Laws (LL.M - 2021) from the University of Dar es Salaam. Mr. Mairo also holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law School of Tanzania, 2020. He is a practicing Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania, Notary Public and Commissioner for Oaths.
Mr. Mairo areas of interest are on Taxation, Banking and Finance Law, Capital Markets and Securities Law, Competition Law, International Law, Commercial and Corporate Law, Property Laws, Environmental Law and Procedural Laws i.e. Criminal Procedure Law, Law of Civil Procedure and the Law of Evidence. He may be contacted via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Efficacy of Local Government By-Laws on Waste Management in Tanzania Markets: A Case Study of Ilala District.
- Legal Protection of Trans-Boundary Wildlife Resources in the EAC: Case Study of the Serengeti-Maasai Mara Ecosystem.
- Patent Protection and Public Health Promotion in Tanzania, 47(2) East African Law Review, 2020, p.172.
Awards and Prizes
- TGCL LL.M Scholarship Award, 2019.
- Best LL.B Student in the Final Year, University of Dar es Salaam, Ministry of Education Prize, 2017–2018..
- Best LL.B Fourth Year Student, University of Dar es Salaam-Vice Chancellor Award, 2017–2018
- Best Final Year Student in UDSM School of Law, University of Dar es Salaam, Sheikh
- Mohammed Khan Prize, 2017–2018.
- Best Final Year Student in UDSM School of Law, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Breweries Prize, 2017–2018.
- Best Student in First Year LL.B, School of Law-University of Dar es Salaam, 2015-2016
- Overall best student in Academics, Same Secondary School, 2014.